Go behind the scenes to find out how a PRP facelift is done!
Most of us have heard about Kim Kardashian’s blood facial. This procedure, more technically known as a PRP Facelift (PRP stands for Platelet-rich plasma), can be considered an alternative to costly, painful, and problematic surgical facelifts.
But what is a PRP facelift and why does it work?
Platelet-rich plasma contains properties that promote the body’s natural growth and healing processes. Particularly in reference to PRP facelifts, this means that the plasma stimulates collagen and keratin production, both of which act to keep our skin healthy and protected. This procedure uses the body’s natural methods to encourage the skin to heal and restore itself!
This is great, right? But now you probably want to know what’s involved in receiving a PRP facelift. Well, keep reading, because we have a behind the scenes look at what’s involved in receiving a PRP facelift!
Step-by-step Look at a PRP Facelift Procedure
While there are a number of methods used to perform a PRP facelift, this procedure is typical to what you will experience.
- Anesthesia The first step in a PRP facelift is to cleanse and numb the face by applying a local anesthetic cream to the face.
- Extraction Next, a blood sample is taken. This sample is where we get the plasma that will be used to create the platelet-rich plasma injection.
- Micro-Needling The third step in the procedure happens once the PRP injection is ready and the anesthetic has taken effect. A derma roller will be used in a micro-needling process that is intended to create entrances in the skin so the PRP can be absorbed.
- Adding. Once these entrances have been created the PRP can be put onto the skin to be absorbed.
- Micro-needling (part two!). Finally, the derma-roller will be used again, this time to push the PRP into the skin so it can begin to process of rejuvenating the face.
That’s it! Only five simple steps to receive this excellent alternative to a traditional facelift. The best part? IIt causes the face to restore itself the natural way without using chemicals or foreign substances of any kind. This means there are no negative side effects.
If this sounds like the solution you’ve been waiting for to restore your skin why wait any longer? Contact the office of Dr. Stuart A. Kauffman and schedule your consultation today!